Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God's Provision --AMPliFy Bible Study/Discipleship Group

I often sit back in awe and quite frankly a feeling of "face-palm-duh" when I see the coming together of God's plan on His timing from completely unrelated sources.

AMPliFy Bible Study/Discipleship Group started on a wing and a prayer, OK, LOTS of prayer, in the fall of 2011. The first thing I noticed was some of the kids either did not have bibles or had bibles that were so difficult to read they could not understand them. As a matter of fact, so difficult to read that I couldn't even read and explain them. My preference is the New Living Translation Life Application Study Bible. They cost an average of $25.00-$65.00 apiece. I needed at least four and did not have the means to get them.

 James 4:2, "...yet ye have not, because ye ask not."

I mentioned it on Facebook and within a day I was asked to pick up a check that would cover 4 of them. I was so excited!

 Matthew 6:8, ....for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.


Today I received an email asking for my physical address because an author who had written a book on grief from a Christian perspective wanted to send me a couple for any need I might have of them. It just so happened I have a wonderful young woman in my life who is dealing with a tragic loss right now. The offer came totally unexpected. I didn't even know the author had written a book on grief although she is more than qualified to have done so. Before the need was even fully known God had arranged the provision.

"Face-Palm-Duh" anyone? I am not saying that God is a wish granting Genie. Certainly I am not saying that the unanswered prayers of others  mean they are doing something wrong and I am doing something right. I have many as yet unanswered prayers right now myself. I am here to TESTIFY!

God doesn't do things like this because I am so great or AMPliFy is so great; He does these things because HE is so great and His faithfulness extends beyond my small ability to humanly comprehend. I have no idea what God is going to do next. How do I even begin to figure that out when He is making provision before the need is actually presented? How exciting is THAT?!

Is God making provision in your life? Leave some comments and share the goodness!


Blessings, y'all!


Robin










6 comments:

Lisa Rattner said...

Just got teary when I read "it is because HE is so great"! Yes, He is! Here is a recent testimony:

I had shoulder surgery 12 days ago. Usually it takes some time to heal from this and it requires physical therapy. The pain meds were making me teary and just plain weird. Last Sunday I was at my small group and very weepy and achy b/c I had stopped the pain meds. I know many had been praying for me but I was doing more whining than praying. Monday I woke up and my shoulder is completely healed! I MEAN COMPLETE HEALING! FULL RANGE OF MOTION!!! That just DOES not happen in 12 days! It is truly a miraculous Jesus healing. And here's the thing...I hadn't even asked. I'm embarrassed to say that but I was more caught up in the pain and what the doctors said than in what I know my Lord could do BUT because HE IS SO GREAT and loving and wonderful, He healed me anyway. Even though I didn't ask. He is reminding me that He wants to do good things for me and through me. Oh how I love Him!

Thanks for posting and letting me share this with my brothers and sisters down your way!
Lisa

Greg said...

Good Stuff Robin! I love Lisa's line: "He is reminding me that He wants to do good things for me and through me."

Greg

Robin said...

HALLELUJAH Lisa! I'm so glad you shared! I am praising God with you!

Robin said...

Thank you Greg! I appreciate you more than you know!

Tori said...

God is our continual source weather it is a physical need or a financial one .Your message is a testimony to God's power that is at work in your life Robin, keep it coming I enjoyed getting this this morning!Love You girl, Tori

Robin said...

Love you too, Tori! Thank you for your encouraging words!