Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The 08 Elections, Where I stand...

Sent November 5, 2008

Please hear me out and read all of this..... If I sent this to you it means you are important to me and I want you to know how God is dealing with me this morning. I may even expect to see or speak to some of you fairly soon so I am putting myself out there in advance......

I worked the elections last night at Mark Anderson's office and as I watched precincts get their votes in (McCain led locally the entire night) I started receiving texts that overall it looked like Obama was going to win. And Obama has won. My heart sank. But my spirit heard from God......
I will not be speaking negatively of Obama nor bitterly about McCain losing because I believe with all my heart what God said in His word:

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God (Romans 13:1).

I understand submission very intimately, and understand that true submission isn't when I agree and submit, it's when I disagree and submit anyway.

God has established Obama as the next President of the United States and I will submit unto God and unto the next President. I will vote on issues according to my conscience and the Word of God but ultimately, I will not waste my words on hashing, or slicing and dicing the authority God has established over me but will sow my words in love and prayer for the new leader of this nation, a nation I love dearly and believe in wholly.

I am so excited that an African American has been voted into the highest office in the land because of what this says about progress in our country and I DESPISE RACISM with all the fiber of my being.

I do not know the personal particulars about the new President because all I really have to go on about his personal life (muslim? Christian? American citizen?) is rumor and speculation. His public stand on issues is evident by his voting record and I will always vote the Word of God and my conscience where I have opportunity to do so.

I will continue to stand in front of the courthouse and at other places and speak for the unborn, against abortion and will put my prayers and support behind the other areas where I disagree with Obama's voting record.

I will not focus on where I disagree with God's authority. I will focus on where we can agree and as for the rest I will seek God's will for me.

God has been invited to place a guard over my mouth and He has agreed to do so
The candidate that God established to be President of the United States will be sworn in come January,and while he is not the candidate that I voted for, he is the candidate that GOD voted for. I will not come against God's man.

I will line up with God's Word:

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity (1 Timothy 2:1-2).

In claiming Christ as my Lord and Savior I believe it is my responsibility to do the above. I will not moan, complain, make jokes, and do everything else but what we are supposed to do...which is pray.

I want a life that is peaceful, quiet, marked by dignity and godliness. I want that so badly and know that God has that for me when I line up with what HE has to say about the elections. I will be praying, I will be giving thanks for Obama, even tho I disagree with a lot of how he voted in the past, I agree with God's plan for this country's future and will not come against God's choice of President for this nation. I will lend voice to my disagreement with my votes on the issues. And I will be praying. Will you?

Today God makes all things new and I look to the future joyful and unafraid because God has my future in HIS hands.....


Love and Blessings on each of you and on our great country.
Robin

From "Really Rock the Vote":
We must pray-
-that God will turn the heart of all presidents and kings and rulers to Himself.
-that our President will rule fairly and justly.
-that God will accomplish His perfect will through those He placed in authority.
-that we will properly submit to our government regardless of whether or not elephants or donkeys are running the circus.
Head: What you need to know about this truth
All authority on earth is established by God, therefore our responsibility is to pray for those in charge.
Heart: What you need to feel about this truth
Feel confident that God is in control of our government and our nation. If we all worried more about our prayer life than what's going on in the Oval Office, we might see the changes we desperately need!
Hands: What you need to do about this truth
Commit yourself to praying every day for those whom God has placed in authority over us.

No comments: