Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New People in My Life

New People in My Life


There seems to be a few of them....all sort of coming to the forefront of my days....Feels exciting and makes me a bit giddy with love for them. And I do love them.

Some of them have been around for a while and our lives are crossing lines pre-established by the nature of our contact. Others have just strolled into my life unannounced, like they were always meant to be there. Did I mention that I love them?

Cause I do. The beautiful thing about becoming who I am in Christ is that He put a fierce love for His people in me that defies my own understanding of my personal capacity to love others.

So I say I love you to some of them, knowing it makes me look sorta weird and foolish, yet knowing I mean it with all my heart because it's the way God remade me when I accepted His gift. I can see it when they look at me, when I say I love you, a flicker of uncertainty about my sincerity, then a split second of realization replaces it as they understand I am serous. and that it doesn't make sense on so many levels. Sometimes it makes them uncomfortable I think....maybe? or not, lol...But they seem to love me back. and it feels good.

How can you love people you don't really even know? God has to be in it. I look at pictures of their past, or listen to them describe things from their past and I wish so badly I had known them longer, that our bond was more substantive because of good and bad times spent together....Since we haven't had long periods of time I do my best to make the memories now. Be funny now. Laugh and cry with them now.Establish real life with them now because they are precious to me, a gift from God and I don't know how long I will be allowed to love them before our paths take separate roads and distance or circumstance lessen availability for togetherness.

New friends. Did I mention I love them????



Saturday May 10, 2008

No comments: